ParqEx is looking for an ambitious self-starter who wants to play an integral role on our growing sales team. This position includes the diversity of selling to residential customers, local businesses, and the more strategic element of forging relationships with property managers. You will work closely with our Director of Sales to develop basic sales skills, understand the ParqEx value proposition, and help us launch ParqEx in Milwaukee. This is a competitive salary + commission opportunity.
Why Work With Us?
- ParqEx is a rapidly growing technology startup headquartered in Chicago. ParqEx is one of 5 companies participating in the gener8tor accelerator program and operates out of the Ward4 – Milwaukee’s co-working space, which affords you the opportunity to experience a truly entrepreneurial atmosphere. You’ll get to see first-hand what it’s like to build a successful company. We’re going places, and if you join you can come along for the ride.
- We are building the Private Parking Marketplace, which allows people and businesses with underutilized parking to make it available to those needing a place to park. Our mission is to solve the urban parking problem in a way that benefits the community and ultimately the environment. You will contribute to solving a real problem for society.
- ParqEx is a part of the sharing economy movement that is disrupting traditional industries such as lodging (AirBnB), transportation (Uber, Lyft), and delivery (Instacart, Postmates) among others. We’re going to do the same thing for parking, and you can help.
- We’ve got a great company culture made up of smart, dedicated, fun, and hard-working people who are passionate about making a positive change in the world.
What will You Do?
When starting a marketplace like we are, you’re faced with an initial dilemma: do you focus on supply (parking spots) or demand (renters) first? It is a classic chicken-and-egg scenario… to be successful you obviously need to have both. But the role of Parking Expert is focused exclusively on building up our supply of parking spots by selling our value proposition to property owners with available parking. You will be assigned a territory, and it will be your goal to secure as many parking spot listings for ParqEx as possible from these owners. This will involve planning your approach, honing your sales skills, blanketing your area until all opportunities have been explored, and recording your activity on a CRM platform. You will be out in “the field” the majority of the time, but you will also participate in our regular team meetings and social events so that you can build relationships and contribute to the culture of our company.
- Make 50+ outbound calls daily to from our target lists of businesses and property managers.
- Discover new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/commenting
- Follow up with leads from Trade Shows, webinars, website, etc.
- Send relevant written sales materials and resources to prospective customers
- Efficiency with Salesforce.com to input daily activity
- Assign leads to the appropriate sales rep based on product, territory and channel
- Conduct effective and professional business discovery calls to determine if there is a potential fit
- Attend interactive weekly meetings with sales team to discuss pipeline and brainstorm new ideas for growth
- Achieve monthly quota for qualified opportunities and closed business
- Dynamic. You’re able to combine analytical thinking with interpersonal skills to manage and expand high quality partnerships.
- Independent. You not only enjoy, but also thrive in, unstructured environments.
- A closer. You are confident and people like talking with you. You care about helping people get the most out of our services and aren’t afraid to ask.
- Naturally curious and innovative. Extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Organized. Your mind is a steel trap. You follow through on your commitments and are incredibly attentive to detail.
- Communicative. You are the point of contact for our parking operators and strive to ensure that every partner is as in love with ParqEx as we are.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Sales and Account Management
- History of consistent professional growth and advancement
- Track record of using creativity to drive success
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a relaxed, yet highly productive atmosphere
- Great work / life balance – we value and support each individual team member