Top 10 Picnic Places in Milwaukee
There’s nothing quite like a picture-perfect picnic. There’s sunshine, good food, great company, loud music, joyous laughter, playful pups, and serene relaxation. So why is it that we don’t picnic more often? If you answer that you don’t have that perfect picnic spot, ParqEx has got you covered. If you are in the Milwaukee area, several excellent picnic spots are nearby! Here are our top 10 picnic places in Milwaukee:
ParqEx Top 10 For MKE
- Lake Park: One of Milwaukee’s most gorgeous parks, Lake Park stretches across much of the East Side of Milwaukee. Frederick Law Olmsted, the architect who built and created Central Park in NYC, built this beauty right here in Milwaukee! With every turn you take, you will be in awe of the design and beauty of this spot.
- Veteran’s Park: Looking for lake views as well as city views? Look no further than Veteran’s Park! Any spot you choose at this location will be great! Perfectly manicured green grass and open space to toss a frisbee are just a few reasons to picnic here. Additionally, spectacular views of the Milwaukee Art Museum, Discovery World, Summerfest, and downtown Milwaukee make it that much better!
- Atwater Park: If Atwater Park is your location of choice for the scenic lake views, you’ve got a few options when it comes to where to set up your picnic. You can stay on the bluffs, you can lay out your picnic blanket on the beach, and you can even venture down to the pier and enjoy your picnic with the sounds of water lapping all around you!
- North Point Lighthouse: Located on the East Side, this picturesque lighthouse always serves as a lovely backdrop for any summer picnic. If you’re also looking for great views of Lake Michigan, North Point Lighthouse is the ideal spot for you.
- Doctor’s Park Beach: If you’re looking for a more secluded and quiet picnic spot, Doctor’s Park Beach is your place. Be sure to bring some beach towels, and enjoy the sand between your toes.
- Virmond Park Bluff: Located a little further North near Mequon, Virmond Park Bluff provides some spectacular views of Lake Michigan. Virmond Park Bluff, hidden away behind many suburban neighborhoods, is undoubtedly a secret gem for you North-Siders!
- Estabrook Beer Garden: One of locals’ favorite and well-known spots, Estabrook Beer Garden is a great place to gather large groups of people for a picnic. Not only is there an ample amount of space, but the beer garden also serves as a great attraction for any picnic go-er.
- Humboldt Park: Situated in Bay View, Humboldt Park provides 73 acres of serenity within the busy city neighborhood. Picnic pavilions aren’t the only thing offered at this park. Humboldt Park is also proudly home to several trails, a war memorial, and a music stage for local acts and performances. If you’re looking for variety, Humboldt Park is the perfect spot for you.
- Washington Park: Once the home to the Milwaukee Zoo and designed by famous architect Frederick Law Olmsted, this 135-acre park is a beautiful place to enjoy the outdoors within the city. If you’re looking to have a lovely picnic, maybe do a little fishing, enjoy a canoe ride, and learn about the environment at the Urban Ecology Center, Washington Park is your spot.
- Juneau Park: If you live or work downtown and aren’t looking to travel too far for your picnic, Juneau Park is a great location. It also is one of the stops for the Traveling Beer Garden! Combine with the great city & lake views; this accessible picnicking location is an all-time favorite for most.
Now that you have ten different picnic locations and options, there’s no excuse not to organize the picnic of your dreams with all your favorite people. If you’re still hesitant because you’re worried you won’t find parking, don’t be. Now, with the ParqEx app, you can reserve your parking spot ahead of time. Get out there, and enjoy your picnic!